Some of you know, other don’t, but here it is:Uncle Sam has knocked, and I’m answering the door. I will soon be mobilized and sent somewhere.
Now, I can hear the questions already. How long will you be gone? Will you visit ____? Why are you going to _____? Why do we have a base there?
I’ll do my best to answer as many questions as possible.
- How long will you be gone?It looks like many months. Some of that time will be spent training, but I will come home
- Where are you going?Need to know only. AKA, ask Kristin
- How does your wife feel about this?She’s not thrilled, but we knew what we were getting into when I enlisted.
- Wait, your SPC Helmers, not CPT Helmers?Correct, CPT Helmers is in Germany.
- Is there anything I can do to help you and your family?Yes. Provide dinner to Kristin and James and send dog pictures. Also, if visiting Madison, provide Wendy many scritches.
While on this deployment I will not have my typical Verizon cell number. I did get a new number with T-Mobile, which is listed below. My preferred method of communication is really any encrypted method. If texting, I prefer you to use the Signal app.
Finally, here is my PGP key for my Protonmail address: Mike Helmers PGP Key
Thank you, and I’ll see everyone in about a year!-Mike